Sunday 22 July 2012

Ohh Vienna - Cremeria Vienna


I'd better post this one quickly, but I think .. I think .. it has stopped raining. Summer is here. Let’s celebrate. Ice-cream, anyone? As any fool knows there’s only one place in Islington to head for quality ice-cream. Blackstock Road. Yeah, you heard me.

Now firstly, I don’t really get why an Italian ice-cream place is called Cremeria Vienna. But who cares? Blackstock Road has been trying it’s best to become more interesting for the foodie for many years, and this is a more than welcome addition to the stretch. Being on the junction with Brownswood Road I make it just inside the Islington border. When you have a blog called ‘Foodie Islington’, you start to get pedantic about these things. You could very easily miss this place due to an oddly placed cashpoint right on the corner of the shop. In fact I did, several times.

This place is the actual real deal – they make their own ice cream and sell it fresh within 24 hours. The ice cream is very good – a sweet and refreshing quality, with flavours very prominent. Portions are generous and reasonably priced, certainly for the quality. They are possibly less heart-stoppingly creamy than the poshest posh ice-cream, but for a sunny day or a stop-off with the kids after school this is bang on.

I have no idea what a business like this does for the 350 days of the year that the weather is cold or rainy. But for those 15 days when the sun does come out, it’s nice to know they are there.



Cremeria Vienna
145 Blackstock Road
London N4 2JS



No comments:

Post a Comment